Satellite Sky is unadulterated rock n roll with a twist of pop. L.A based, Aussie siblings Kim Kicks (drums) & Pete Kicks (vox/gtr) have enough energy to light up a small city. Their catchy riffs & electrifying stage presence, leaves the audience excited, uplifted and wanting more.
Satellite Sky is proudly endorsed by Gretsch Drums, Gibraltar Hardware, Westone, Cympad, Copper Peace, Cleartone Strings, CAD Audio.
Their music can be heard in a variety of commercials, films, trailers, T.V shows, including Spotify/Sony Playstation commercial, ABC/Disney ‘Switched At Birth‘, SYFY channell ‘Being Human‘, music documentary ‘Rockin The Wall’ (PBS), L.A Film Festival Netflix award winner ‘Almost Kings’ and the NFL’s 2011/12/13 Season campaigns. The single ‘Got This Feeling’, was featured throughout NBC’s and Budweiser’s Summer Olympics commercial campaign.
Anchored by what industry insiders regard as “one of the best rock drummers around”, Satellite Sky has a stage show that leaves audiences with the knowledge they were witness to an extraordinary Rock ‘n Roll experience!
“Satellite Sky pounds out pure unadulterated rock. They definitely look like a rock band, and their energy is incredible. There was so much chemistry between the band members it’s no surprise to learn they are siblings. There appears to be genuine warmth between them and they interact well on stage. Kim Kicks is absolutely lethal on the drums and I’ve never seen anyone drum quite so passionately.” Cambell Klose, Music.com.au
“Bleary Eyed Fashion…I thought this song sounded really cool, I like the idea of it!” Henry Rollins, KCRW.
- WhoDo You Love? & article Premiered in Modern Drummer Magazine
- Next Time used in Sony Playstation Spotify commercial
- Review form Tijuana DifuzioneAlternativa Magazine
- Article in Modern Drummer Magazine August Issue 2016 by Kim Kicks
- RIVALS Music Video Premiered on AU Review
- ‘Next Time’ featured on Season4 Ep12 ABC Family / Disney ‘Switched At Birth‘
- Premiere of single ‘Next Time’ on Pure Volume
- Video of The Week on High Voltage
- ‘Next Time’ Music Video World Premiere on STGA
- Highlighted Artist Interview Highlight Magazine
- Rock N Roll Creations review Rock N Roll Creations
- Review Delusions of Adequacy
- Review BabySue
- Tour Diary featured on The AUReview
- Pure Grain Audio review
- AntiMusic.com review
- Recorded MAGNETIZE with producer Fabrizio Grossi (Alice Cooper, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Vai)
- World Premiere of ‘Bleary Eyed Fashion’ Music Video & article theaureview.com.au
- ‘Bleary Eyed Fashion featured on “Being Human: Ep405’ Syfy Channel
- ‘Bleary Eyed Fashion’ premiered on KCRW by Henry Rollins
- Music featured in commercial for NBC, Budweiser London Olympics 2012 promotional campaign
- Music featured as lead song for NFL on Fox Season Campaign 2011/12 and 2012/13
- Two songs featured in Netflix Best Film Award winner ‘Almost Kings’
- Featured in the U.S documentary ‘Rockin the Wall’ -PBS
- Featured in Movie trailer Jennifer Aniston’s “The Bounty Hunter” Lionsgate Entertainment
- Song Featured in VH1’s “First Love, Second Chance”
- Featured by legendary DJ Rodney Bingenheimer on KROQ radio (Los Angeles)
- Performance for KROQ and Buzzband’s LA Presents, Los Angeles
- Hosted ‘Coup D’etat’ on Los Angeles Moheak radio
- Showcases at CMJ music festival conference
- Performance at Orange County Fair
- Recorded EP with producer Paul Lani (David Bowie, U2, Rod Stewart).
- Showcases at South by Southwest Festival
- Endorsements with Gretsch Drums, Gibraltar Hardware, Cympad, Copperpeace, Telefunken, Cleartone Strings.
- *Performance at NAMM Conference, official kick-off party, Anaheim, CA
- Performed at Westfield Topanga ‘Fashion’s Night Out’
- Featured in Issue 81 Audio Technology magazine Australia p.46-48
- Got This Feeling’ in the top 20 on the Most played on Peru radio Doble Nueve 99.1fm 2012 South America